Sunday, November 3, 2019

topic proposal

For my topic I decided to research about nicotine in college aged students. Recently there have been deaths related to vaping, but it is still going on today. I want to know why people continue to use them and the amount of students that use it. I chose it because I feel like the amount of people who use nicotine devices are much more than some think. Two research questions are 1. how many college students use nicotine devices and 2. why do people use it even though they know it is dangerous.

My plan is to use a survey. I want to have students fill out a google doc and write their answers to the questions I provide. This way I can see the percent that use it versus those that don't, and I can see their response as to why they do or don't use these devices.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I think the topic may be a little bit broad just because it is a pretty popular topic. However, you can definitely collect data in a few days and narrow it down as your research continues.

    2. Your first research question seems to be quite answerable and not very investigable(yes/no question) but your second research question is very interesting. I think it would be awesome to go into the psychology of why people start to use it; ie, peer pressure and such.

    3. I like the experiment because it gives peoples own ideas and thoughts beyond just filling in bubbles. The research method is very related to your question as well.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection

Question 1: In this class I have learned many things. As a writer, I was someone that was always hesitant about what I was going to say. I...